Earlier this week, I talked about what's new for the RE.minder you download for free from the App Store and some of you may have noticed something about "RE.minder PRO". 'What could that be?' you asked yourself. Read on to find out...First the really good news - if you are one of the incredibly generous people who used RE.minder and decided to send us a couple bucks to turn off the ads, you already have PRO! Your "no ads policy" helped fund the upgrades that are coming so we figured, who better to benefit from them than you! So what exactly is PRO and what does it get you?
PROs are Advanced
Lots of people are finding really great ways to use RE.minder but they are also finding, as great as it is to set repetitions "anywhere from minutes to months" (thanks App Store reviewer Spoat!), it would be a lot more useful with a few added constraints.
Now, in addition to "repeat every" you can also turn days of the week on and off and set an end date, or total number of repetitions.
To put them all through their paces, let's say you have a routine you want to be reminded about every 8 hours, but only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and after 15 repetitions, you want it to stop. With RE.minder PRO, you can set that up super quick. We're expecting this to be a very popular feature.
Another thing PROs tend to like is setting everything they way they want it the first time. With the advanced workflow, you can go directly into advanced edit mode while you are setting your RE.minders and change the title, add notes, change the sound, icon, color, repetitions and everything else right away, without a trip to the RE.minder list first.
You also might have noticed a message that reads "touch + hold to edit" in the screenshot to the right. PROs like to customize and the Quick Pickers can now be rearranged to your heart's content. Just tap and hold and you can drag your favorite icons to the front of the list or even drag unused ones completely off into oblivion (don't worry, you can bring them back from the info tab). For more on this, read about the Add On Packs below.
Add a little color
There are two important changes along the color spectrum in RE.minder 2 and the first one is global color schemes:
Our current favorite is "Threat Level" (third from the left). There are 9 different color schemes included in RE.minder PRO. If it's popular, we'll see about adding more.
Also on the color front, PROs can now change the icon and icon color of any RE.minder at any time. Choosing automatic will have the icon colors stay within the bounds of the selected color scheme but if you want something to really stick out from the list, this can be really great.
One last thing I insisted on, PROs can set the default sound for new RE.minders to Random (within a given category). I just like being surprised, what can I say.
And needless to say, PROs aren't bombarded with banner advertising (but you knew that already, right?)
Add On Packs
The story doesn't end there though! Something else we have up our sleeve for RE.minder 2 are Add On Packs for icons and sounds. We've gotten a lot of feedback on how much people like the sounds we 've included (even to the point of people requesting to use them as ring-tones!) so we've bundled up a bunch more for you to add if you like. The add on packs available for RE.minder 2 will be:
- Musical Sound pack - 20 new sounds of the Musical and Simple varieties including rock, blues and electronic
- Fun Sound Pack - 22 new sounds of the Fun and Simple varieties including cartoons, animals and electronics
- Extra Loud Sound Pack - We've taken great care to mix our sounds "properly" so they are in line with expected volume levels. But we've had some requests for louder sounds so this pack contains dynamically compressed and juiced-to-11 versions of 17 sounds from the various packs. We can't add a subwoofer to your phone, but these are as loud as we can make them.
- Fun and Games Icon Pack - Over 20 new icons to use in your Quick Picker bar in the Media, Sports and Games and Transportation categories
- Home and Office Icon Pack - Over 20 new icons in the Food and Drink, Medical, Office and Social categories
- Miscellaneous Icon Pack - Lots of other icons we liked but either couldn't think of a category for or were too quirky to fit elsewhere.
All these packs are available from the new RE.minder Store in the Info Tab along with the RE.minder PRO upgrade.
I've done my best to be comprehensive over these two posts but there's really so much new, I'm sure to have missed something. We're putting the finishing touches on RE.minder 2 as we speak and expect to submit it within a week. Assuming all goes well, RE.minder 2 will be on your phone before May becomes June.
We hope you like it!