Welcome to the worlds of tomorrow (and yesterday)! If you’ve been watching #SentinelsLive, it should come as no surprise that Shattered Timelines is now complete, and coming out this week! This Friday, January 29th is Shattered Timelines day*. Check your favorite store that day for version 1.7 of the game, as well as the new expansion.
The 5th content pack and 3rd full expansion, Shattered Timelines tells the story of alternate worlds colliding with the one we know and love. Heroes become villains, villains become heroes, and environments blend and crumble around you in this expansion. Like Rook City and Infernal Relics, Shattered Timelines includes 8 new decks, listed below:
- Ripped from his relatively simple life as sheriff of Silver Gulch in 1883, Jim Brooks found himself in a far-future wasteland being tended to by Con, a friendly AI who has a plan to save the world from its dire fate using his time machine. Check out the trailer for more on The Chrono-Ranger!
- The robotic intelligence known as Omnitron has gone through many iterations. Over hundreds of years, being constantly thwarted has taken its toll and Omnitron has now rebuilt itself in human form. What is it about these humans that makes them so vastly superior? Omnitron-X aims to find out with the help of his new heroic allies.
- The Dreamer
- When The Visionary transported herself backwards in time, her first goal was to save the not-yet-born version of herself. After six years, all seemed well until the young Vanessa Long’s powers manifested, in the worst way possible: The young girl's thoughts burst into our reality as tangible monsters, and the shock of her new awareness of the world shut down her body, leaving Vanessa in a coma with her dream projections terrorizing the world.
- For countless generations, the Adhin family has been blessed with uncanny luck. They believed the source of their good fortune was a small talisman they'd been passing down over the years as a family heirloom. That is, up until Gabrielle Adhin. Within a few years, Gabrielle Adhin, the black sheep of the Adhin line, had carved a swath through reality, playing her mind games on the unsuspecting people around her and taking whatever she wanted.
- La Capitán
- Maria Helena Teresa Fafila Servanda Jimena Mansuara Paterna Domenga Gelvira Placia Sendina Belita Eufemia Columba Gontina Aldonza Mafalda Cristina Tegrida de Falcon has sailed through the ages, collecting names for herself and a crew from her past, present, and future, all with the same thirst for adventure and greed for the riches of everywhere . . . and everywhen!
- Iron Legacy
- A single change can ripple outwards to devastating effect. Once our world’s most unimpeachable hero, the death of his daughter has left Paul Parsons with a singular twisted mission - to save the world from itself, even if that means destroying it. He rips through any who oppose him in search of his own twisted justice.
- Time Cataclysm
- Somehow, alternate realities within the Multiverse have collided, and the aftermath has split the space-time continuum itself! The varied realities and timelines pour into each other, only occasionally halted by fixed points in time. This massive Time Cataclysm is the energy that is bringing together so many of these characters in the Multiverse that should never meet. Past, present, and future all mix with dangerous results…
- The Block
- In need of somewhere to house the worst of the worst, F.I.L.T.E.R created The Block, a time-locked prison of the utmost security. However, there have been reports of disturbances within The Block, and someone should probably go check it out. If there were a full-scale prison riot there, it could spell disaster for every timeline.
It wouldn’t be an update to Sentinels if there weren’t new Variants to unlock and Shattered Timelines is no exception. With the release of possibly the most challenging villain in all the multiverse comes the team that aims to stop him from crushing the world beneath his boot: The Freedom Six. Iron Legacy’s former Freedom 5 allies Absolute Zero, Bunker, Tachyon and the Wraith have recruited Tempest and their intern Unity to form a new team, tasked with stopping Iron Legacy. The variant hunt will begin when the update is available on all platforms. Remember, the first person to contact us on Facebook or Twitter with a screenshot showing their successful unlocking of a Variant earns a spot in the Hall of Fame.
Each expansion release also brings with it a handful of new features and we’re happy to announce that achievements are finally making their way to the multiverse! Version 1.7 includes several gameplay achievements to unlock. Plus, each Variant unlock has an associated achievement. If you’ve already completed the story challenges to unlock Variants, you will unlock those achievements as soon as you install and run version 1.7. If you’ve used the unlock codes or buttons, you can still complete the story challenge to earn the achievement. When you login to a new device with the same account, the game will recognize your achievements and unlock the Variants automatically.
Season Pass holders:
If you already own Season Pass 1, you will get access to the new decks automatically, but you may need to redownload the DLC first.
- Steam - Your Steam client should automatically download and install the new content when you press Play. You may need to quit and restart your Steam client for it to see the update.
- iOS - When you launch Sentinels, you should be shown a screen prompting you to redownload the season pass. If you are not, just press “Get Expansion Packs” and tap “Restore Purchases.”
- Android - When you launch Sentinels, you should be shown a screen prompting you to redownload the season pass. If you are not, just press “Get Expansion Packs” and tap “Restore Purchases.”
Mini-Pack 1 owners:
- On iOS and Android, be sure to re-download Mini-Pack 1 in order to get the artwork updates for Freedom Six Unity.
Last chance to give us your feedback… for now.
Many of you have responded to our player survey, but if you haven’t yet filled it out, click here before Friday. The survey should take less than 5 minutes and will help us make Sentinels of the Multiverse even better in the coming year.
* Sentinels of the Multiverse version 1.7 with Shattered Timelines support will be released for Steam and Android on Friday. iOS will release on Friday or when it is approved.