Now that you’ve all had some time to wail on Ambuscade with Mr. Chomps while Tyler Hayes causes trouble in the background, we thought it was time to let you know how things are going on the first major expansion pack for Sentinels of the Multiverse - Rook City.
For the uninitiated, Rook City is not only the first major expansion pack for Sentinels of the Multiverse, it’s also pretty much the direct opposite of the beautiful, soaring skylines of Megalopolis. Where Megalopolis is clean, Rook City is dirty. Where Megalopolis is shiny and new, Rook City is decrepit and old. Where Megalopolis has blue skies and sunny days, Rook City has polluted skies and smog. And where Megalopolis has big business, Rook City has corruption.
The Rook City expansion contains the following new Villains to battle:
- The Chairman
- Graham Pike is not only the CEO of Pike industries, he’s also the shadowy head of “The Organization.” Take out his personal assassin The Operative fast, or you’ll have no chance against this corrupt businessman.
- The Matriarch
- Lillian Corvus’s mask allows her to control the birds, and also makes her one of the toughest villains across the entire Multiverse.
- Plague Rat
- Thanks to Pike Industries’ lax safety procedures and even looser ethical standards, the rats of Rook City have changed and grown. One in particular...
- Once a resident of death row at Overbrook Penitentiary, Jack Donovan ended up at Pike Laboratories. His life was spared, but he was forever changed in terrible ways by a series of unsanctioned experiments.
Rook City has 2 new Heroes ready to join the fight:
- This hot-headed mercenary is never without overwhelming firepower. How else do you expect to quickly turn the tide in your favor?
- Mr. Fixer
- This blind mechanic has tried to stay above the fray, believing that the only way to stay safe is not to fight back. That opinion may be changing...
Rook City itself would be nothing without Pike Industries, and so the two Environments included are really just two sides of the same coin:
- Rook City
- Corruption abounds, making Rook City one of the most punishing environments for our intrepid heroes.
- Pike Industrial Complex
- Head into the belly of the beast, filled with rats and vats of chemicals of dubious origins.
We’ve been hard at work on Rook City since the moment we finished Mini-Pack 1 and we’re happy to be ready to show some of it off to you! For your first look at some of the new content in action, check out our Livestream tonight at 8pm Eastern. And if you’re traveling to Boston next weekend for PAX East, you can be among the first people outside the hallowed halls of Handelabra to try it out for yourself. Just come find us at booth #5224 and give it a go!
So let’s say you’re not Boston bound - when will Rook City be making its way down the series of tubes and onto your tablets and PCs? Our initial estimate was that we’d be showing the expansion off in early March and releasing it by the end of March and happily, we’re still on track to hit that initial estimate. That being said, delivery in March remains an ESTIMATE. At Handelabra Games, we ship when we’re happy with a product, not because we set a date. As always, to make sure you’re up to date on the latest, you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Twitch or YouTube.
We’ve been asked what exactly goes into making a digital expansion pack for Sentinels of the Multiverse. Surely it must be just scanning the cards in, making a ZIP file, and slapping it up on a file server? Turns out that it’s a bit more involved! Stay tuned to this blog for a post about that soon.